- Your wig should fit snugly and shouldn’t move around your head
- If you’re worried about it falling off, secure it with hypoallergenic double-sided tape (available from wig suppliers)
- If it feels hot and itchy, you can wear a thin cotton lining or skullcap under your wig
- Avoid excessive heat or steam if you have a synthetic wig as it can damage the wig
- Don’t get too close to flames as this can melt synthetic hair or damage real hair
If you have an ‘off-the-shelf’ wig and wear it every day it will last about three to four months. After that, the elastic gets looser and this affects the fit, although it may be possible to replace the elastic.